A letter to all current and prospective patients
As life begins to return to our “new normal”, I wanted to reach out to let you know how my clinic is adapting to the challenges that COVID-19 brings.
These are unsettling times and myself and my team fully understand that our patients may feel anxious about accessing healthcare at the moment. Patients may have underlying concerns around hygiene and exposure to the virus. Equally they may be worried about how consultations and surgery will work or about the delay in care to date.
I wanted to reassure you that as we restart our private care for patients across the whole spectrum of clinical urgency, safety is as always, our absolute highest priority. We are confident we have all the right measures in place to continue to provide high quality care in the safest way possible.
Measures we have implemented include:
- Regular screening of all patients and staff
- Observing social distancing throughout the healthcare journey of each patient
- Increasing virtual consultations where appropriate
- Weekly COVID-19 swab testing of staff including myself
- Leaving more time between face to face appointments to reduce footfall
- Using facemasks in all clinical environments
- Increased access to sanitisers and hand washing facilities
- Enhanced cleaning of touch points between patients
- Patient COVID-19 testing prior to operative interventions
- More detailed surgical consent for patients
If you are thinking about an intervention or procedure, we will go through the additional risks that the coronavirus pandemic brings in potential exposure to COVID-19. There may be the option to delay your treatment in which case alternative options will be fully explored.
Our policies and practices are being constantly reviewed and updated as the official advice changes and we understand more about the disease. Please be rest assured that the welfare and protection of our patients and staff is of paramount importance and that we are proceeding with extreme caution and care.
More information can be found by following THIS LINK.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact my secretary on 020 3651 0547.
- Your safety
- Initial appointment
- Virtual consultations
- Injections in the clinic
- Pre-operative preparation
- The day of surgery
- Local anaesthesia
- Infection and antibiotics
- Pain and pain relief
- Post-operative swelling
- After your surgery
- Scar management
- Follow up appointments
- Follow on care and screening